About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Grilled Portobello Mushroom with Garlic, Butter and Parsley

by | |
Grilled Portobello Mushroom with Butter, Garlic and Parsley
Today is a "Western" Meal day. I have cooked a few Sides/ Finger Foods and surprisingly, they are quite filling. My dinner for two pax comprised of 8 Cod Fish Fingers (bought from the frozen department in Supermarket, brand Bird's eyes), 9 Grilled Scallops Wrapped with Bacon, and 9 Grilled Portobello Mushrooms. I have prepared to bake a loaf of garlic bread, but well, the above is too filling that I have to leave the garlic bread in the fridge instead.

Fish Fingers are easy to cook as all you need is to bake it or deep fry it. I usually deep-fry it as the bread crumbs will taste better that way. The recipe for Grilled Scallops Wrapped with Bacon has been posted before. Only Grilled Portobello Mushroom is new, and hence, I am going to share the method of cooking in this post.

This recipe is almost similar with the first Grilled Portobello Mushroom recipe that I have posted, except that this dish is softer and all the mushrooms are tenderised with the savoury taste of Butter, Garlic and Worchestershire Sauce with the freshness of Parsley Leaves. I can't make up my mind which one do I love more. Try both recipes and tell me your choice. =)

Ingredients
  1. 9 Portobello Mushrooms (approx 6cm in diameter)
  2. 40g Butter
  3. 1 tablespoon of Garlic
  4. 1 1/2 tablespoon of Worchestershire Sauce
  5. 1/2 teaspoon of Coarse Black Pepper
  6. 1/3 teaspoon of Salt
  7. 1 teaspoon of Parsley (you can use dried parsley too. Eg. Brand Masterfood)
  8. 1 1/2 tablespoon of Olive Oil
  9. Olive Oil for greasing baking tray
Steps
  1. Melt Butter on hot pan
  2. Add Garlic and fry for approx 1 minutes (before it turns brown)
  3. Turn to medium to low heat to avoid burning the garlic
  4. Add Worchestershire Sauce and stir to mix well, approx 1 minutes
  5. Turn to low heat, add Olive Oil and stir to mix well, approx 1 minutes
  6. Scoop out mixture
  7. Grease baking tray and place mushroom on it
  8. Spread Mixture evenly on the mushroom
  9. Sprinkle Black Pepper, Salt and Parsley on the mushroom
Put it into a preheat Oven, Grill Function for approx 15 minutes.
At 12 minutes, checked if mushrooms are cooked, and adjust timing accordingly.

Serve while Hot!

Good to serve as a Side and go with Steak or a Main Course.

0 comments:

Post a Comment