About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Stir-fry Baby Kailan with Garlic (Qing Cao)

by | |
Stir-fry Baby Kailan with Garlic (Qing Cao)

Previously, I have shared another recipe on Stir-fry Baby Kalian with Oyster Sauce. This time round, it is also Baby Kalian, but a totally different Baby Kailan, in term of the look and the taste. I prefer this Kailan as it tastes better. And cooking it just plainly with Light Soya Sauce and Garlic is sufficient to taste the greenie at it's freshest!

Ingredients
  1. Baby Kailan (Washed)
  2. 1 Tablespoon of Chopped Garlic
  3. 1/2 Tablespoon of Light Soya Sauce
  4. 1 Tablespoon of Water
  5. 2 Tablespoon of Cooking Oil
Steps
  1. Add Oil on hot pan
  2. Add Garlic and stir-fry until fragrant (before it turned brown)
  3. Add Kailan and stir-fry until 70% cooked
  4. Add Light Soya Sauce and Water and stir-fry until Kailan is cooked and mixed well with sauce
Serve while Hot!

Good to go with Rice, a bowl of Chinese Soup and 2 more Chinese Dishes.

Tips and Comments:
  • Stir-fry vegetables on high heat so that it will cook fast and the nutrients will not reduce too much. 

2 comments:

MeLanie

may i know where did u buy this type of baby kailan ? It looks alike those restaurant type and more crunchy.

Shan's Recipes

hi, yes, this type taste much better. I bought this in ntuc, nex. I don't see it everytime I go there. it is near the bean sprout section.

Post a Comment