About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Cereal Prawns (Simplifed Version)

by | |
Cereals Prawns (Simplifed Version - with prawn's head)

Cereal Prawns (Simplified Version - Deshelled)

Today, I have think for a long time on how to cook my prawns and finally I decided to try out Cereal Prawns with just Cereals, Prawns and Butter. This is definately not the best way to cook a good Cereal Prawns dish, but I have to say with only 3 ingredients, it does taste not bad though.

I have added another photo with Prawn's head, my 2nd try. If this is to be served in an event, it is best to keep the prawn's head to look better.

Ingredients
  1. 12 Tiger Prawns (Devein & Deshell - Optional)
  2. 30g Butter
  3. 8 to 10 tablespoon of Cereal. (eg. Brand Nestle)
  4. 4 tablespoon of Cooking Oil 
Steps
  1. Add Cooking Oil in hot pan
  2. When Oil is hot, add prawns one at a time. Turn the prawns when one side is cooked.
  3. Take out the prawns and keep it aside for later use
  4. Wipe out the oil on the pan or use a clean pan
  5. Add Butter on hot pan
  6. Once melted, add prawns and stir-fry to mix well with butter
  7. Turn to low heat, add Cereal and stir-fry to mix well with prawns. Once cereals turn golden brown, it is done. Remember not to burn the cereal. 
Serve while Hot to maintain to crispiness of the cereals!

Good to serve with Rice, a bowl of Chinese Soup, and 2 more Chinese Dishes.

 Tips and Comments:
  • Big Prawns are recommended though I am using small tiger prawns as they are easily found in my fridge
  • It is better not to deshell the prawns as in the 1st step, it will force out the sweetness mainly from the prawns head. I have chose to deshell as it will be easier to eat later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment