About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Pan-fry Scallops with Garlic and Herbs

by | |
Pan-fry Scallops with Garlic and Herbs
This is the 3rd Scallops Recipes that I have shared. For readers who have followed my blog will know that I have purchased a big box of Scallops and hence, here I am experimenting different type of Scallops recipes to economically use up all my scallops before the expiry date. =P But of course, I love seafood, so this is definitely not a hassle to me. =)

The good thing about scallops is not only of the natural seafood sweetness, and also, I realised that all the scallops dishes that I have shared so far look great too. Good for all type of events!

Ingredients
  1. 4 Big Frozen Scallops (Thawed)
  2. 20g Butter
  3. 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
  4. 1/4 teaspoon of Course Black Pepper
  5. 1/2 teaspoon of Italian Herbs
  6. 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
Steps
  1. Add Butter in hot pan
  2. Once Butter melted, add Scallops and pan-fry until one side turned slightly brown, approx 3 minutes, flip to the other side, approx 3 minutes. When both side turned slightly brown, flip to the depth of the scallops and pan-fry to ensure that the scallops are fully cooked.
  3. Take out the Scallops and juice from the pan and serve it on a plate
  4. Add Olive Oil on hot pan
  5. Add Garlic and pan-fry until fragrant (before it turn brown)
  6. Scoop it up and place in on the Scallops
  7. Add some Mixed Herbs on the Scallops
Serve while Hot!

Good to go with Pasta, or as a Side to go along with a Main Course.

Tips and Comments:
  • Dethaw frozen scallops by dipping into tap water. It is important to keep scallops in a sealed bag to retain the original taste of the scallops.
  • Do not overcook the scallops as the meat will turn tough and chewy. Once the scallops turn translucent, it is done.
  • If you have fresh parsley, you can replace it with Mixed Herbs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment