About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Fried Udon with Prawns and Omelette

by | |
Fried Udon with Prawns and Omelette
I remember the first time I tried fried udon is from Isabel, my Secondary School friend who cooked it. She is really good at it! =) After then, when I dine in Japanese Restaurant, most of the time, I will be ordering Yaki Udon. Of course, another reason is because I am not a Japanese food lover.

This recipe will come in handy especially when you are dining alone as it can be served as a staple food and with the prawns and omelette, I will think that it will make a nice simple meal.

This recipe is motivated from the Korean Stall at Meridian Hotel, Singapore.

Ingredients (Serve 2 Pax)
  1. 2 Packets of Udon (400g)
  2. 8 Tiger Prawns (Deshelled and Deveined)
  3. 1 Egg
  4. 1 tablespoon of Garlic
  5. 1/2 Carrot (Cut into Thin Strips)
  6. 2 tablespoon of Oyster Sauce
  7. 1/3 tablespoon of Sesame Oil
  8. 1/3 tablespoon of Dark Soya Sauce (eg. Brand Tiger)
  9. 1/3 tablespoon of Light Soya Sauce (eg. Brand Tai Hua)
  10. 6 tablespoon of hot water
  11. 4 tablespoon of Cooking Oil
Preparations
  1. Cook Udon in hot water for approx 4 minutes and drain it and raise it under cold water to stop heating process
Steps
  1. Add 2 tablespoon of Oil on hot pan
  2. Add Egg and spread it out on the pan
  3. Once one side turn slightly brown, flip to the other side
  4. Once both side is done, take the omelette out from the pan
  5. Cut it into thin strips
  6. Add 2 tablespoon of Oil on hot pan
  7. Add Garlic and stir-fry until fragrant (before it turns brown)
  8. Add Prawns and stir-fry until 80% cooked, approx 3 minutes
  9. Add Carrots and stir-fry for approx 1 minutes
  10. Add Udon and stir to mix well with other ingredients, approx 1 minutes
  11. Lower heat, Add Oyster Sauce, Sesame Oil, Dark and Light Soya Sauce, Hot water into pan and stir to mix well
  12. Cover the pan to simmer for 3 minutes 
  13. Serve on a plate with the Omelette Strips
Serve while Hot!

Good as a Main Course and a Bowl of Chinese Soup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment