About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

One Month Anniversary to Shan's Recipes!

by | |
Image from especially-balloons

Today is Shan's Recipes's one month birthday! =)

All along, I just have an interest in cooking, I guess this is inherited from my parents. They know and can cook very well. My sister can cook well too! I guess it runs in the family. I can't say I can cook very well, but for homecooked food, I earned a "pass"... I hope! =)  My cooking skills ranked 4th place in my house - first from the last! =P

When I move out from my parents' place and stay with my fiance, I start to cook regularly, and I even have my first party after one month when I am still a newbie in cooking. Readers who have read my blog on Hotdog (Sausage) with Prata should already know about this.  Oh gosh... I hope my collegues will not take my party food as a benchmark of what I cooked! =)

I learned a lot along the way, experimenting with different dishes so that my fiance won't feel bored from eating what I cooked. Learning from experience, I believe a lot of us always complain to our mums or secretly mumble to ourselves when we always see the same dish on the dining table. =)

A lot of my colleagues and friends whom I have tried to "force" to "like" my Facebook page asked me, why do I start this blog? Do you want to publish a cookbook? Are you too free? haha...

There are 2 main simple reasons that triggered the start of this blog; My colleague who has taken the Hotdog with Prata picture during the party made me realised that if he didn't take those pictures, I won't even remember what I cooked or how those food look like. From this, you should know how bad my memories are, and this leads to my second reason: Sometimes, when I wanted to cook the same dish again, I forgot what are the ingredients that I have used previously.

Though the reasons of starting this blog are so simple, but as time goes by, my ambition starts to grow.. I want people to read my blog, I want to share what I have experienced and learned with more people... 

I have been reading my blog multiple times per day, trying to improve everything that is possible within my means so that my readers will feel that it is worth it to drop by to my blog again, like my facebook page, or simply find it informative and help them in some way or another in their cooking.

Every now and then, I will look at the stats of my viewer rate and think why is my viewer rate so low? Is my blog not interesting? And then, I will start to bug Jared on this and ask him why? =) Jared, I am sorry and thanks for your helps all these while.

Thanks to my fiance for being my guinea pig on every single dish that I have cooked. =)

For all my readers and facebook fans, I will make my best efforts to keep this blog alive by continuing to experiment and post recipes and photo of my cooking.

Thanks so much for your support!

0 comments:

Post a Comment