About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Chinese White Radish Soup

by | |
Chinese White Radish Soup

This is one of my favourite soups that my mum cooked for us, I can simply add some rice into the soup and this will be my meal of the day! Hence, when I start to cook, this can't be missed out in my recipes! It is important to note that there are a lot of nutritional values in this soup and it helps in our digestive system and reduces heatiness too.

Ingredients (Serve 4 Pax)
  1. 1 White Radish (Peeled and Cut into big chunks)
  2. 1 Chicken Bones/ 6 pieces of Pork Ribs
  3. 1 1/2 tablespoon of Wolfberry (Gou Qi Zhi) (Washed)
  4. 1 Big / 6 Small Dried Scallops (Washed)
  5. 6 Red Dates (Washed)
  6. 2 tablespoons of Light Soya Sauce 
Steps
  1. Boil Chicken Bone or Pork Ribs for a few minutes and drain it
  2. Put Chicken Bone or Pork Ribs into pot filled with approx 5 to 6 cups of water
  3. Add Radish, Scallops and Red Dates into pot
  4. Boils it for 30 minutes and turn to slow heat for at least another 45 to 60 minutes.
  5. Add Wolfberry and boil for another 10 minutes
  6. Add Light Soya Sauce to taste.
Good to go with Rice and 2 to 3 more Chinese dishes.

Tips and Comments:
  • You can replace Dried Scallops with Dried Octopus, the soup will taste better - I didn't do that because my boyfriend hates octopus in soup. =)
  • Light Soya Sauce will be better than Salt as it will immerse into the radish and it makes the radish and soup taste and look better.
  • No Carrot in White Radish Soup - My mum always say so. I believe she read this from some Chinese Medical News, hence, is better to avoid if possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment