About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Mixed Porridge (Congee) with Prawns, Chicken and Pork

by | |

Mixed Porridge

I am feeling lazy today and since I am eating alone, I cooked something easy and light.. Porridge!

Ingredients (Serve 2 pax)
  1. 1 cup of Uncooked Rice
  2. 6 Prawns (Deshelled)
  3. 8 slices of Lean Pork
  4. 8 slices of Chicken (Remove the bones)
  5. 3 slices of Ginger (Peeled)
  6.  Fried Onions (Optional)
  7. Chopped Chives (Optional - I didn't add it as personally, I don't like the taste of it in porridge)
  8. Fine White Pepper
  9. Light Soya Sauce
  10. Sesame Oil
Preparation
  1. Marinate Pork with 1 tablespoon of Soya Sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper for 15 minutes
Steps
  1. Cook Rice in pot with 3 to 4 cup of water and boil it
  2. Once water is boiled, lower down the heat and stir occasionally until rice is break down to porridge
  3. Add Pork and Chicken and stir for approx 3 to 4 minutes
  4. Add Prawns & Ginger and stir for approx to 4 minutes
  5. Add Light Soya Sauce or Salt to taste
  6. Garnish with Chives and Fried Onion, sprinkle some Pepper and add a few drops of Sesame Oil on it
Serve while Hot!

Tips and Comments:
  • Boiled rice with Pork Bones or Chicken Bones and Dried Scallop for better taste
  • Ginger is to remove the strong seafood taste from prawns, hence ginger is not required to be added in if seafood is not one of the ingredients.
  • For this porridge, I will prefer it to be less thick with rice grain still visible (more like Teochew Style than Cantonese Style) hence, the cooking time for the rice grain to break down is shorter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment