About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Stir-Fry Sambal Chilli Prawns

by | |

Stir-fry Sambal Chilli Prawns
This is a spicy dish for chilli lovers.

Ready-made Sambal Chilli can be conveniently purchase from any supermarket, hence it made the recipe for dish reduces at least half of its steps. But I have to say that I took a long time to choose the bottle of sambal chilli as there are many varieties. Some of them taste more sour than the rest, and from my experience, they look lighter or "orangish" in the color of the sambal chilli sauce. My preferred taste for this dish is spicy but yet it comes with a "little sweetness". Finally, I decided to go with A1 brand as it looks deep dark red, without the chilli seed visible. I tried cooking, and yeah... this is the taste that I wanted. =) 

Ingredients
  1. 15 Tiger Prawns (Deshell and Devein)
  2. 1 Big Red Onion cut into thin slices
  3. 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Chopped Garlic
  4. 2 Tablespoons of Sambal Chilli (eg. Brand A1)
  5. Olive Oil or Any Cooking Oil
Steps
  1. Add Olive Oil into hot pan
  2. Add Red Onion and stir-fry until translucent or fragrant
  3. Add Garlic into pan and stir-fry until fragrant before it turned brown
  4. Add Prawns into pan and stir-fry until 80% cooked, approx 4 to 5 minutes
  5. Add Sambal Chilli into pan and stir-fry to mix well with prawns
  6. Add a little hot water if you prefer the gravy to be slightly watery
  7. When prawns are cooked, you are done
Serve while Hot!

Good to go with Rice, a bowl of Chinese Soup and 2 more Chinese Dishes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment