About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Chinese New Year Recommendation

by | |
Just an hour ago, one of my secondary classmates, Geraldine, prompted me on MSN, asking if I have any recipes recommendation for Chinese New Year. Hence, I decided that I should write a post on some recipes from Shan's Recipes that will be suitable for Chinese New Year Reunion Dinner. Thanks Gerli for the inspiration!

It is quite tricky to choose from my list of recipes as most of them are very simple homecooked food. But, I still managed to find a few choices that I think that it will look great and taste good for a warm and cosy Chinese New Year Reunion Dinner.

I have chosen 1 soup, 4 dishes and 1 main course, good for a family of 4 to 6 person. For smaller family, you can choose 3 dishes instead of 4. 

My selection are:



The reason for choosing this soup is because this is a Chinese New Year soup to me, at least. Every year, without fail, my mum will cook this soup for Chinese New Year, be it as a steamboat soup base or simply a bowl of soup on the dining table. Chinese Wongbok (China Cabbage, Bai Cai) Soup has always be my favorite soup and can never be replaced. You can add fish maw and some fishballs into the soup for a better taste - Chinese Wongbok (Cabbage), Fishball, Fish Maw Soup.

Chinese New Year, without fail, it's all about a big feast with the few commonly found "Chinese New Year" ingredients, like, Prawns, Abalone, Scallops, Chinese Mushroom, Dried Oysters and hence, this give me the thoughts that the following dishes will be great to be serve on that warmly night.




The following 2 dishes are my vegetable selections. For people who do not like broccolli, you can choose baby kai lan. Add slices of Abalone to make it a wonderful Chinese New Year dish! =)



For families who prefer a main course than rice, I will recommend Ee  Fu Mian!

 The above are my selections, hope that it is close to your liking! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment