About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Steamed Black Pomfret with Tomato, Chili and Ginger

by | |
Steamed Black Pomfret with Tomato, Chili and Ginger
Fish is one of the expensive dish to order when you dine outside. If you can cook this simple dish yourself, you can save cost and at the same time, eat healthily.

I bought the black pomfret at a discount ($0.89/100g), and as I am just cooking for 2 pax, I chose a small one (less than 300g). It costs less than $3 SGD. I am sure you can't find a fish that cost $3 if you dine out.

If you are worried about an oily and smoky kitchen, then you will definitely love this recipe. All you need is a steamer, or simply just stack the fish into the rice cooker and cook it together with the rice.

I love to eat steamed fish with plain porridge, perhaps because I am a Teochew (a dialect). I have added Tomatoes and Chili in this dish to add in a little sour and spicy taste. It helps to open up my appetite! =)

Hope that you will like this dish as much as I do!

Ingredients
  1. 300g to 400g Black Pomfret
  2. 1 Tomato (Cut into 6 slices)
  3. 1/2 Big Chili (Cut into thin slices)
  4. 3 thin slices of Ginger (Cut into thin slices)
  5. 2 tablespoon of Light Soya Sauce
Steps
  1. Add all ingredients on pomfret (like in photo) on a steam-proof plate
  2. Place into steamer or rice cooker for approx 15 minutes
Tips and Comments:
  • Slices a few slashes on the fish body will help to ensure that the fish is easier to cook and also, increase the flavours of the ingredients in the fish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment