About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

[Guest Post] Lala's Burger by Sandra

by | |

I am so delighted to publish this post. Thanks Sandra for sharing this recipe and spending time to collate this recipe for me.

This burger is made by my ex-colleague, Sandra. Her nick is Lala and hence, I decided to name this burger as Lala's Burger. =)

P.S. I miss the time we gossip about everything during the 6 months. I am sure without your companion, the 6 months may feel like 6 years.. hehe..

Ingredients
  1. Minced meat : pork or beef (approx 150g for 1 serving)
  2. 1 onion diced - onions give the burger a crunchy texture
  3. A pinch of salt
  4. Pepper - add as much to your preference
  5. 2 cheese slices: 1 for stuffing, 1 for topping
  6. Lettuce
  7. Mayonnaise or your favorite burger dressing
  8. Burger Buns
  9. 3 tablespoon of Canola Oil
Toast the buns only when ready to serve! Otherwise bun will lose the crunchy texture

Do not leave the meat to marinate, it will break down the meat

Mix diced onion into minced meat
Add salt and pepper
Divide into 2 and shape into round patties
Gently press a 'hole' in the centre in one of the patties
Add the stuffing! Cheese, mushroom etc
Cover it with the other half of the patty and press gently to seal it. (The patty stands at approx 4-5 cm thick)
Heat oil in the pan on medium heat- use canola oil, olive seems to burn faster
When oil starts to smoke slightly, add in the patty

Important : do not press hard on the patties, the juice will all come out and the burger will be flat and dry.

After flipping the patty, cover for 30secs

When patty is cooked, add 1 slice of cheese on top of the patty while its is still in the pan, the heat from the patty and pan will melt the cheese

Butter the buns and toast to your liking while waiting for the patty to cool down and cheese to melt.

Assemble your juicy burger!


0 comments:

Post a Comment