About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Grilled Quail Egg Wrapped in Bacon

by | |
Grilled Quail Egg Wrapped in Bacon

This is a recipe that I will never think of until I dine in Ichiban (A Japanese Restaurant in Singapore).

That day was my secondary school friend's birthday and we went to Ichiban for dinner. One of my friends ordered this and I am surprised of the combination; Quail Egg and Bacon? After giving it a try, I decided that I will make this one day.

I love bacon as the flavoured taste of bacon minimise the need to add in more seasoning to the ingredients.

This dish look exquisite but yet, it is so simple to cook.

It will definitely look great for a party, in a intimate event or just as an appetizer before the main course.
Ingredients
  1. 6 Quail Eggs
  2. 6 Bacon (Cut into 3/4 or enough to roll the quail egg)
Preparation
  1. Boil Quail Eggs for approx 10 minutes
  2. Deshell Quail Eggs
Steps
  1. Spread Bacon on hot pan without oil. Flip after approx 1 minutes, before the side turn brown. Remove it from the pan.
  2. Wrap Bacon around Quail Egg and secure it using a Satay Stick
  3. Place them into Preheat Oven, Grilled Function for approx 15 minutes
Serve while hot!

Good as a finger food in a party or as a side or starter before the main course.

Tips and Comments:
  • Pan-fry bacon before grilled to "force" out the bacon's taste and the bacon texture will be crispier than direct grilling.
  • Do not add Oil on hot pan when pan-frying bacon as bacon contained fats strip

2 comments:

Unknown

What temperature should the oven be preheated to?

MF

I used the broiler on low for 10 minutes, turning halfway through. Worked well.

Post a Comment