About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Steamed Drunken Chicken

by | |
Steamed Drunken Chicken
I learned this dish from my boyfriend's mum. I have not tried any drunken chicken that taste exactly the same or close to the one she cooked, I guess probably is because of the wine that is used.

This is a light and appetizing dish and it goes very well with its gravy on plain rice.

It is a very simple dish that requires very little preparation and the best part is, there is no need to touch on the pan, it is a steam dish! You can simply stack this into the rice cooker while cooking the rice, and there you go, another dish on the dining table.

Ingredients
  1. 1/4 Chicken (Deskin, Cut into small pieces)
  2. 3 to 4 Sliced of Peeled Ginger
  3. 3 to 4 Cloves of Garlic (Slightly smashed without skin)
  4. 200 to 250ml Harvey Bristol Cream (enough to cover the chicken in the steamed-proof container, preferably a bowl)
Preparations
  1. Add all ingredients into a container (steamed proof), leave it for 15 minutes
Steps
  1. Put into steamer or rice cooker for approx 15 minutes
Serve while Hot!

Good to go with Plain Rice with a 2 to 3 more Chinese Dishes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment