About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Grilled Scallops Wrapped with Bacon

by | |
Grilled Scallops Wrapped with Bacon
Not long ago, I bought a box of frozen scallops for trying out the dish, Scallops with Bean Vermicelli (Glass Noodle). So I thought that I should experiment with more Scallops Recipes since there are quite some left behind in my small freezer compartment.

This is my first try and I succeeded. The taste and fragrant of the bacon blend in so well with the sweetness from the scallop. My boyfriend and I simply love it! =)

This dish that look exquisite but yet, it is so simple to cook.
It will definitely look great for a party, in a intimate event or just as an appetizer before the main course.

Ingredients
  1. 12 Medium Frozen Scallops
  2. 6 Bacon
  3. Chives (Cut into approx 5cm in length)
  4. Salt
  5. Coarse Black Pepper
  6. Mixed Herbs (Rosemary, Basils, Parsley, Oregano. eg. Brand Masterfood)
  7. Lemon Juice
Preparations
  1. Put Scallops in a sealed bag. Defroze Scallops by soaking the sealed bag in tap water
  2. Once defrozed, sprinkle a little salt on Scallops
  3. Cut bacon, 1 bacon into 2 pieces
Steps
  1. Spread Bacon on hot pan without oil. Flip after approx 1 minutes. When both sides of the bacon turn slightly brown. Remove it from the pan.
  2. Wrap Bacon around Scallop and Chive and secure it using a toothpick
  3. Sprinkle a little Pepper and Mixed Herbs on it
  4. Place them into Preheat Oven, Grilled Function for approx 15 minutes
  5. After 10 minutes, check if Scallops are cooked. (Once Scallops turn translucent, it is cooked)
  6. Squeeze some Lemon Juice on it once it is done
Serve while hot!

Good as a finger food in a party or as a side or starter before the main course.

Tips and Comments:
  • Dethaw frozen scallops by dipping into tap water. It is important to keep scallops in a sealed bag to retain the original taste of the scallops.
  • Pan-fry bacon before grilled to "force" out the bacon's taste and the bacon texture will be crispier than direct grilling.
  • Do not add Oil on hot pan when pan-frying bacon as bacon contained fats strip
  • Do not overcook the scallops as the meat will turn tough and chewy. Once the scallops turn translucent, it is done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment