About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

[Guest Post] Homemade Spinach Lasagne by Dina-Marie

by | |

This is my favorite lasagna recipe. Please keep in mind, with alarge family I multiply recipes for large crowds! The basic ingredient quantities are given along with variations that I have used successfully.

Spinach Filling

2 lbs Ricotta Cheese ( may substitute cottage cheese, I now useour homemade ricotta)
2 - 10 oz  pkgs frozen chopped spinach
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in bowl.

Tomato Sauce
I use frozen tomato sauce from last years garden and add Italianspices. For a meat option, brown 1 lb ground beef or turkey meat and add totomato sauce.

Assembly
In a 13 x 9 pan, starting with a bit of tomato sauce in the bottomto prevent sticking,

Layer:
  • Lasagna Noodles (Eggplant     slices may be substituted and work great!)
  • Spinach Filling
  • Tomato Sauce
  • Mozzarella Cheese (I now use our homemade cheese)
End with Mozzarella Cheese. Bake at 350F for 1 hour.

Variation: Since our eggplant did so well last year, I peeled it,sliced it and froze it. Now, I use eggplant slices instead of lasagna noodles.



Bio: Dina-Marie is the mother of 10 children, 7 of whom are still at home. She blogs at Dimes2Vines.comabout her family’s lifestyle change from the corporate world in Alabama to beginning a vineyard in west Texas. Her desire is to encourage otherswhere they are with what they have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment