About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Aglio Olio Linguine with Scallops

by | |
Aglio Olio Linguine with Scallops

For readers who have followed my blog will know that I have purchased a big box of Scallops and hence, here I am experimenting different type of Scallops recipes to economically use up all my scallops before the expiry date. =P But of course, I love seafood, so this is definitely not a hassle to me. =)

The good thing about scallops is not only of the natural seafood sweetness, and also, I realised that all the scallops dishes that I have shared so far look great too. Good for all type of events!

Ingredients (Serve 2 Pax)
  1. 3 tablespoons of Butter
  2. 2 Serving of Linguine
  3. 3 tablespoon of Olive Oil
  4. 3 tablespoon of Chopped Garlic
  5. 1/2 tablespoon of Dried Chilli Flake (eg. Brand Masterfood)
  6. 1 tablespoon of Dried Parsley / Fresh (eg. Brand Masterfood)
  7. 10 Big Scallops (Thawed)
  8. Sea Salt
  9. Coarse Black Pepper
Steps
  1. Boil Pasta in boiling Water with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil and Salt (approx 7 to 11 minutes for al-dente, follow the instruction on package)
  2. Melt 1 1/2 tablespoon of Butter in hotpan
  3. Place Scallops and pan-fry each side until brown
  4. Remove Scallops from pan for later use. Leave the scallops juice in the pan.
  5. Add Olive Oil into same pan
  6. Add Garlic and stir-fry until lightly brown
  7. Turn off Heat, and Add Chilli Flakes and stir until Garlic turned golden brown
  8. Turn on to low heat, melt butter
  9. Add Pasta and Scallops, and stir to mix well
  10. Add Salt, Pepper and Parsley to mix well
Serve while Hot!

Good as a Main Course and to go with a Side.

Tips and Comments:
  • Dethaw frozen scallops by dipping into tap water. It is important to keep scallops in a sealed bag to retain the original taste of the scallops.
  • Do not overcook the scallops as the meat will turn tough and chewy. Once the scallops turn translucent, it is done.
  • If you have fresh parsley, you can replace it with Mixed Herbs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment