About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Rasins Muffins

by | |
Rasins Muffin

Rasins Muffins Overflow in Oven

This is the first time I baked muffins and I chose Rasins Muffins as I would think that it is the simplest to prepare with just Rasins as one of the main ingredients.
 
The whole baking process was a mess! I forgot to buy muffin tray and I thought using muffin paper cups will be able to hold up the muffin, but I was WRONG. The muffin mixture flowed out of the paper cups and my whole microwave oven was flooded with muffin mixture. Only one out of ten muffins was a success with a "muffin" look! =(
 
I am not giving up on baking, but I guess I must make sure that I have the right set of tools before I will go for the second try! =)

Ingredients
  1. 180g of Plain Flour
  2. 110g of Caster Sugar
  3. 60g of Butter (Melted)
  4. 2 small eggs (Beaten)
  5. 1/2 tablespoon of Baking Soda
  6. 80g Rasins
  7. 120g of Milk (I used HL milk)
Steps
  1. Sieve Flour in a big mixing bowl
  2. Sieve Baking Soda
  3. Sieve Caster Sugar
  4. Mix well
  5. Add Butter, Eggs, Milk and mix well by using folding in method. (the mixture must remain thick and not waterly.)
  6. Fold in Rasins
  7. Put paper cups into muffin tray and fill up 3/5 of the paper cups with muffin mixture.
Bake Muffin into a preheat oven for approx 20 minutes, 200 degree celius.
Use a toothpick to check if it is cooked. If the toothpick is dry, the muffin is ready!
     

0 comments:

Post a Comment