About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Chinese Wongbok (China Cabbage, Bai Cai) Soup

by | |
Chinese Wongbok (China Cabbage, Bai Cai) Soup
This is my favorite soup!

During Chinese New Year, without fail, my mum will cook this soup for our steamboat soup base. With all the steamboat ingredients, this soup become heavenly delicious. Everytime, we will keep the leftover soup overnight and reboiling it the next morning and the soup become invincible! I can't use any word to describe how tasty it is.  I can simply add some white rice into the soup and it become my full meal. I can never get tired drinking this soup, regardless how many times I have it.

This recipe is a simplified version with lesser ingredients and it is cheaper too -> More economical, but of course it can't compare to my mum's version at all.

I will be trying out my mum's version and I will post it up once I cooked and took the photo. =)

Ingredients (Serve 4 pax)
  1. 1 Chicken Bone (approx 250g) / 6 pieces of Pork Ribs
  2. 1 Wongbok (Cut into big slices)
  3. 1 1/2 Big or 5 small Dried Scallops (Washed)
  4. 2 to 3 tablespoons of Light Soya Sauce
Steps
  1. Boil Chicken Bone or Pork Ribs for a few minutes and drain it
  2. Put Chicken Bone or Pork Ribs into approx 6 Cups of water and Boiled it
  3. Add Wongbok and Scallops
  4. Boils it for 30 minutes and turn to slow heat for at least another 45 to 60 minutes.
Add Salts or Light Soya Sauce to taste.

Serve while Hot!

Good to go with Rice and another 2 to 3 more Chinese Dishes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment